Quota International of Dover, NH
Dover Quotarians are unable to quantify the many attributes of their Volunteer of the Year, Rene Buckless, who died unexpectedly on April 4, 2006.
As a charter member, Rene was the quintessential Quotarian, friend, and community advocate. She was an exemplary woman in all facets of her life. Her unselfish devotion to all was evident in the many roles she filled: as district governor, club officer, member, mentor, community servant, and friend. She had an abiding concern for everyone and, as an accomplished listener, gave support and strength to all who sought her counsel and friendship.
The club’s goodwill social ambassador, Rene demonstrated her fellowship, not only with members, but also within our community; she had a keen eye for identifying a need and always acted upon it.
To say that Rene was the epitome of volunteerism is an understatement. As we lovingly reflect on her life and browse the scrapbooks the club has assembled over the years, we cannot help but note the many times she stepped up and took action. Her leadership skills inspired all to action and to step out of their comfort zone and try something new.
An inspiration to us all, we proudly name Rene Buckless Quota International of Dover’s Volunteer of the Year.
We Share Foundation Programs
- Community Champions
- JQ (Junior Quota) Club Program
- Cops ‘n’ Kids Literacy Program
- Healthy Hearing “Ear Plugs” Campaign
- “Listen Up, Turn It Down” Campaign
- Quota World Service Public Awareness Campaign
- Quota Cares Month Campaign
- Volunteer of the Year
- Club Publicity Resources and Tools
- Polish and Shine News Release Service
- Protect Your Hearing Month
- Global Youth Service Network
- Quota Service Project Directories
- Quota Cares Teddy Bears
- 2001-2012 Photo Contest Winners
- Setting Up 501(c)(3) Status (U.S. clubs)
Donate to the We Share Foundation
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org