Quota International of Shreveport, LA
Eight years ago Melissa Johnson joined Quota running and has not stopped yet! Her service contributions to the Shreveport club are immeasurable.
She was involved in the club’s school uniform drive for underprivileged children at their adopted school. She was the chair of the club’s household products project for the McDade House that works with families with ill children. She also chaired the club’s Operation Santa Claus program, which distributes presents citywide to underprivileged children at Christmas. And she was the coordinator of the Gingerbread House project, which provides counseling and legal help to sexually abused children before their case goes to court. This year Melissa was quick to help those impacted by hurricanes Katrina and Rita in south Louisiana, rounding up donations of clothes, money, and supplies for our local shelters.
But more than leading her club in service, Melissa contributes to the club in so many ways. She has been a guest speaker for club meetings. She is the communications committee all by herself. She has served as president. She has been on the nominating committee several years and is involved in the club’s social committee that plans fun activities for members. She has also hosted club events at her home and recruited many new members for the club. Melissa offers many constructive suggestions and ideas for projects.
Melissa does all of this in addition to having a full-time job, a baby boy, two young stepdaughters, and a husband. We can think of no one more deserving of our club’s Volunteer of the Year title than Melissa Johnson.
We Share Foundation Programs
- Community Champions
- JQ (Junior Quota) Club Program
- Cops ‘n’ Kids Literacy Program
- Healthy Hearing “Ear Plugs” Campaign
- “Listen Up, Turn It Down” Campaign
- Quota World Service Public Awareness Campaign
- Quota Cares Month Campaign
- Volunteer of the Year
- Club Publicity Resources and Tools
- Polish and Shine News Release Service
- Protect Your Hearing Month
- Global Youth Service Network
- Quota Service Project Directories
- Quota Cares Teddy Bears
- 2001-2012 Photo Contest Winners
- Setting Up 501(c)(3) Status (U.S. clubs)
Donate to the We Share Foundation
Questions? Contact email@example.com