Quota International of Ruston, LA
A member of the Ruston Quota club since 2001, Kathy Crowder has served as president, treasurer, and assistant treasurer. Kathy would humbly say that this past year she just did her job as president, but club members recognize and appreciate that she did much more than her presidential duties.
During the year, two key club committee chairpersons resigned—the leaders of the Community Service and Ways and Means committees. With the Community Service chair resignation coming shortly before Hurricane Katrina, Kathy stepped up to spearhead the club’s relief efforts. Kathy contacted the school system, identified a need for uniforms for evacuees, and applied to the We Share Foundation for funds. Kathy obtained a list of uniform sizes and worked with various suppliers to provide all the school and PE uniforms that were needed. She then distributed the uniforms when they arrived. Kathy continued to seek out ways to provide hurricane relief and funds to evacuees and other service organizations, and she performed most of the leg work for our Katrina relief work while other committee members filled in and performed our annual community service projects.
Kathy has owned her own business, Crowder Concepts, since 2004. She also volunteers with the Muscular Dystrophy Association, the American Heart Association, and is a member of the Lincoln-Ruston Chamber of Commerce. Kathy is very active in her church and is married with three children.
Quota International of Ruston gratefully names Kathy Crowder as our 2006 Volunteer of the Year.
We Share Foundation Programs
- Community Champions
- JQ (Junior Quota) Club Program
- Cops ‘n’ Kids Literacy Program
- Healthy Hearing “Ear Plugs” Campaign
- “Listen Up, Turn It Down” Campaign
- Quota World Service Public Awareness Campaign
- Quota Cares Month Campaign
- Volunteer of the Year
- Club Publicity Resources and Tools
- Polish and Shine News Release Service
- Protect Your Hearing Month
- Global Youth Service Network
- Quota Service Project Directories
- Quota Cares Teddy Bears
- 2001-2012 Photo Contest Winners
- Setting Up 501(c)(3) Status (U.S. clubs)
Donate to the We Share Foundation
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org