How does this annual program work?
STEP 1: Plan Your Project
Conduct an existing service project or plan something new. You can plan a hands-on project, partner with another agency or charitable group, or plan a fund-raiser for Quota Cares Month and donate your gift to a worthy cause. Whatever you do, think newsworthy from the start! Please remember that your project must take place in March. Click here* for a FREE Quota Cares Month Planning Kit.
STEP 2: Go the Extra Mile…
A good service project not only benefits those being served. It can also strengthen a club’s fund-raising, recruitment, retention, and publicity efforts. No matter what service project you select, involve ALL club members and think about coordinating recruitment, fund-raising, and PR opportunities from the start. And don’t forget to make it FUN – remember…retention is important, too! QI of Kalamazoo, Michigan, U.S.A., used their service project to recruit new members, raise funds, and increase their community visibility. If it worked for them, it can work for you! Tips for doing so are contained in the Planning Kit. (To get the most from your Quota Cares Month project, we suggest that you begin planning your project at the start of your club’s Quota year.)
Step 3: Report Your Success!
Carry out your project and report your success on the online Quota Cares Month Success Form no later than April 15. All entries will be featured on Quota’s Web site and shared with clubs worldwide. Quota Cares Month Awards will be given to projects that address club service, publicity, recruitment, and retention. Five winning projects will be selected and honored at convention.
To submit your form, go to http://www.quota.org/we-share-foundation/quota-cares-month/quota-cares-month-submission/. Be prepared to provide basic information about your club and:
1. The answer to these three questions (each 250 words or less):
- Describe your Quota Cares Month Project. How did it benefit the community?
- How did your Quota Cares Month Project raise awareness of your club in the community? Did you attract new members?
- How did your Quota Cares Month Project benefit your club? Did you involve all members? Did it improve morale?
2. An electronic photo of your Quota Cares Month project (optional).
*To view or print out these documents, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. Go to Adobe’s Web site and download a free copy of Acrobat Reader.
We Share Foundation Programs
- Community Champions
- JQ (Junior Quota) Club Program
- Cops ‘n’ Kids Literacy Program
- Healthy Hearing “Ear Plugs” Campaign
- “Listen Up, Turn It Down” Campaign
- Quota World Service Public Awareness Campaign
- Quota Cares Month Campaign
- Volunteer of the Year
- Club Publicity Resources and Tools
- Polish and Shine News Release Service
- Protect Your Hearing Month
- Global Youth Service Network
- Quota Service Project Directories
- Quota Cares Teddy Bears
- 2001-2012 Photo Contest Winners
- Setting Up 501(c)(3) Status (U.S. clubs)
Donate to the We Share Foundation
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org