Quota International of Redcliffe
At its annual International Women’s Day breakfast, which traditionally kicks off Quota Cares Month for QI of Redcliffe, over 100 women and girls—with a few men and boys—came to celebrate the economic, political, and social achievements of women. A significant part of the celebration, of course, was promoting Quota International’s local and international ideals of service. The keynote speaker, Elizabeth Shobbrook, spoke from the heart about her own service project, working with Cambodian communities to encourage growth through the education of both students and teachers. The needs of the Cambodian community, and her efforts to make things better there, fascinated the club members and other guests, and the club donated $1,200 to help Mrs. Shobbrook and her husband continue their good work.
Later in the month, QI of Redcliffe turned its attention to more local needs, spending $1,000 on supplies to make “Pamper Packs” for a women’s shelter in Redcliffe. Club members gathered to pack 50 bags with toiletries such as shampoo, conditioner, soap, and deodorant, helping the women in the shelters to rebuild their lives with dignity.
Whether their aims are far away or close to home, QI of Redcliffe promotes the Quota values of caring and sharing. Their membership is increasing as word of their efforts spreads, and QI of Redcliffe is preparing for many more years of service.
We Share Foundation Programs
- Community Champions
- JQ (Junior Quota) Club Program
- Cops ‘n’ Kids Literacy Program
- Healthy Hearing “Ear Plugs” Campaign
- “Listen Up, Turn It Down” Campaign
- Quota World Service Public Awareness Campaign
- Quota Cares Month Campaign
- Volunteer of the Year
- Club Publicity Resources and Tools
- Polish and Shine News Release Service
- Protect Your Hearing Month
- Global Youth Service Network
- Quota Service Project Directories
- Quota Cares Teddy Bears
- 2001-2012 Photo Contest Winners
- Setting Up 501(c)(3) Status (U.S. clubs)
Donate to the We Share Foundation
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org