Quota International of Manila South
Honorable Mention Winner
It is well-accepted that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and that children given a good breakfast have a better chance at learning during a day at school. With this in mind, the members of Quota International of Manila South decided to make their Quota Cares Month project a month-long effort to feed disadvantaged Grade III students at a local elementary school.
Fifty students between the ages of 8 and 11 were chosen to receive breakfast at the beginning of each school day. Breakfast consisted initially of fortified milk, two pieces of bread, and occasionally a candy treat for those who finished their meal. As the month progressed, the menu expanded to include assorted breads, doughnuts, and sandwiches. Children who tired of plain milk were treated to chocolate milk or to noodle soup, which was homemade by a Quota club member. With the help of another organization donating the powdered milk, all foods were provided, prepared, and served by members of Quota.
The efforts of Quota to nourish the needy children did not go unnoticed. The local newspaper accepted an article about Quota’s work for publication, and banners in the school proclaimed Quota as the sponsor of the feeding program. On the last day, the children who had been fed were given t-shirts with the Quota logo. They and their parents would remember who had made March a better month for learning, by providing food to benefit both their bodies and their brains.
We Share Foundation Programs
- Community Champions
- JQ (Junior Quota) Club Program
- Cops ‘n’ Kids Literacy Program
- Healthy Hearing “Ear Plugs” Campaign
- “Listen Up, Turn It Down” Campaign
- Quota World Service Public Awareness Campaign
- Quota Cares Month Campaign
- Volunteer of the Year
- Club Publicity Resources and Tools
- Polish and Shine News Release Service
- Protect Your Hearing Month
- Global Youth Service Network
- Quota Service Project Directories
- Quota Cares Teddy Bears
- 2001-2012 Photo Contest Winners
- Setting Up 501(c)(3) Status (U.S. clubs)
Donate to the We Share Foundation
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org