Quota International of Taree
Two Quota Cares Month projects planned by Quota International of Taree shared one characteristic. They both involved getting up very early!
For the fourth year in a row, the club held a breakfast to celebrate International Women’s Day. The eyes of the approximately 100 guests were opened not only by bacon and eggs and coffee, but, more importantly, by two guest speakers from the community sharing heart-warming stories of meeting life’s challenges. Tears and smiles were shared, as the strengths of these women—and of all women—were celebrated. Later in the program, guests learned of the changes and successes of Quota through the years of its history, sparking further interest in the organization. Happy breakfasters headed off to jobs or other activities, empowered as women and informed about how the members of Quota were serving the world.
Quota of Taree’s other project, a first-time venture, also involved breakfast food, but this time Quotarians were serving it. When Greater Taree was named as host for the Regional Dragon Boat Regatta, Quota stepped forward to manage the hospitality tent and the catering for a record 500 paddlers and support crew. The day started with bacon and egg rolls to fortify the teams and continued later with lunch and afternoon tea for the weary participants. The day was a triumph, both for the cancer survivors and their supporters in the Dragon Boat races and for the Quotarians who kept them nourished.
Sometimes getting up very early is worth it! For Quota of Taree, it was a winning move this year.
Back to Quota Cares Month Winners Main Page
We Share Foundation Programs
- Community Champions
- JQ (Junior Quota) Club Program
- Cops ‘n’ Kids Literacy Program
- Healthy Hearing “Ear Plugs” Campaign
- “Listen Up, Turn It Down” Campaign
- Quota World Service Public Awareness Campaign
- Quota Cares Month Campaign
- Volunteer of the Year
- Club Publicity Resources and Tools
- Polish and Shine News Release Service
- Protect Your Hearing Month
- Global Youth Service Network
- Quota Service Project Directories
- Quota Cares Teddy Bears
- 2001-2012 Photo Contest Winners
- Setting Up 501(c)(3) Status (U.S. clubs)
Donate to the We Share Foundation
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org