Quota International of Las Piñas
Seeing is believing! When onlookers saw how beneficial the Quota Cares Month Eye Camp was for disadvantaged senior citizens in the Philippines, 16 of them joined Quota International of Las Piñas. They wanted to be part of such a worthwhile and caring organization.
The Quota Cares Eye Camp, which was held on March 29, 2009, provided free eye examinations and reading glasses for 150 senior citizens who otherwise could not afford them. Eligible recipients were chosen based on a house to house survey with the help of barangay (village) officials. The Quota club also placed banners in various locations informing the community about the eye camp.
To raise funds for the project, the Quota club held a “Raffle for a Cause” on January 31, 2009. A total of PHP$316,287.00 (U.S.$6,788.60 ) in raffle tickets were sold to people who wanted a chance at winning a laptop computer, flat screen television, iPod Nano, and other prizes. This was more than the PHP$35,000.00 (U.S.$751.22 ) needed to provide the eye camp.
The seniors who took part in the eye camp were very thankful for the service and hopeful that the Las Piñas Quota club would continue to help them…and Quota club members foresee doing just that.
To read or print the club’s winning application, click here*.
Back to Quota Cares Month Winners Main Page
*To view or print out these documents, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. Go to Adobe’s Web site and download a free copy of Acrobat Reader.
We Share Foundation Programs
- Community Champions
- JQ (Junior Quota) Club Program
- Cops ‘n’ Kids Literacy Program
- Healthy Hearing “Ear Plugs” Campaign
- “Listen Up, Turn It Down” Campaign
- Quota World Service Public Awareness Campaign
- Quota Cares Month Campaign
- Volunteer of the Year
- Club Publicity Resources and Tools
- Polish and Shine News Release Service
- Protect Your Hearing Month
- Global Youth Service Network
- Quota Service Project Directories
- Quota Cares Teddy Bears
- 2001-2012 Photo Contest Winners
- Setting Up 501(c)(3) Status (U.S. clubs)
Donate to the We Share Foundation
Questions? Contact email@example.com