Quota International of Valdosta
Quota Cares Month—Honorable Mention Winner
Every Saturday this March found the Quotarians of Valdosta, Georgia, collecting clothes, bedding, dishes, and other household items so that women leaving the Haven Battered Women’s Shelter could reestablish their homes.
For Quota Cares Month, Quota of Valdosta teamed up with female athletes from Valdosta State University for the Community Closet Clean Out. Volunteers from both groups staffed a collection site at VSU’s Physical Education Complex from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. during each day of the project, after which additional volunteers delivered donations to the shelter. Twenty-five carloads of everything from coffee makers to bicycles to holiday decorations made there way to the Haven over the four-week project, which also brought college-age women face-to-face with the work of Quota.
This event received extensive media coverage, thanks in part to its timing; the Valdosta Quotarians’ annual Taste of Valdosta fund-raiser was scheduled for March 31. Advertisements were purchased for both events, and the resulting newspaper and television coverage generated incredible community support for both club efforts. They even sold fund-raiser tickets to people dropping off donations for the Clean Out, connecting people who want to give with many ways of doing so.
To read or print the club’s winning application, click here*.
Back to Quota Cares Month Winners Main Page
*To view or print out these documents, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. Go to Adobe’s Web site and download a free copy of Acrobat Reader.
We Share Foundation Programs
- Community Champions
- JQ (Junior Quota) Club Program
- Cops ‘n’ Kids Literacy Program
- Healthy Hearing “Ear Plugs” Campaign
- “Listen Up, Turn It Down” Campaign
- Quota World Service Public Awareness Campaign
- Quota Cares Month Campaign
- Volunteer of the Year
- Club Publicity Resources and Tools
- Polish and Shine News Release Service
- Protect Your Hearing Month
- Global Youth Service Network
- Quota Service Project Directories
- Quota Cares Teddy Bears
- 2001-2012 Photo Contest Winners
- Setting Up 501(c)(3) Status (U.S. clubs)
Donate to the We Share Foundation
Questions? Contact email@example.com