Quota International of Santa Fe
Quota Cares Month—Honorable Mention Winner
Corned beef, cabbage, and potatoes helped support programs for deaf students this March as Santa Fe Quotarians donated the proceeds from their 6th annual St. Patrick’s Day dinner to the New Mexico School for the Deaf (NMSD).
Asking $10 for adults and $5 for children, the dinner was advertised on the school’s sign at one of the busiest intersections in the city. A tourist couple from Canada even came to the dinner after seeing the sign and had such a good time they promised to return to Santa Fe and its Quota Club next year with friends.
In the end, the club raised well over $1,200, $1,000 of which went to fund three specific programs at NMSD: educational books and games for the students’ cottage homes; ArtSign 07, a regional art festival for deaf students; and the International Studies Club’s trip to Brazil. The other monies will go into the club’s service fund for future work.
During the dinner, not only did Quotarians speak about Quota International’s work in and out of Santa Fe, but so did the superintendent of NMSD and several staff members. They highlighted the club’s long relationship with the school, past service to the students, and the importance of the projects to be funded through the St. Patrick’s Day celebration.
To read or print the club’s winning application, click here*.
Back to Quota Cares Month Winners Main Page
*To view or print out these documents, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. Go to Adobe’s Web site and download a free copy of Acrobat Reader.
We Share Foundation Programs
- Community Champions
- JQ (Junior Quota) Club Program
- Cops ‘n’ Kids Literacy Program
- Healthy Hearing “Ear Plugs” Campaign
- “Listen Up, Turn It Down” Campaign
- Quota World Service Public Awareness Campaign
- Quota Cares Month Campaign
- Volunteer of the Year
- Club Publicity Resources and Tools
- Polish and Shine News Release Service
- Protect Your Hearing Month
- Global Youth Service Network
- Quota Service Project Directories
- Quota Cares Teddy Bears
- 2001-2012 Photo Contest Winners
- Setting Up 501(c)(3) Status (U.S. clubs)
Donate to the We Share Foundation
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org