Quota International of The Silver City, New South Wales, Australia
Quota Cares Month—Honorable Mention Winner
It didn’t take long for members of The Silver City Quota club, pictured above, to make a difference. In just six months, the 19 members of this newly chartered Quota club have developed strong bonds through their project to support victims of domestic violence.
When fleeing abusive partners, women and children are often unable to gather any of their personal possessions. Aware of the comfort a thoughtful gesture can provide, The Silver City club decided to help alleviate the victims’ problems by sewing “Rescue Bags” and filling them with nighties, soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo, combs, tissues, and other necessities. The sacks also contained pajamas, activity books, and other items for children. In conjunction with the project, they made toiletry packs for people brought from the outback to the hospital via the Royal Flying Doctor Service.
The club members presented their donations to the Women and Children’s Shelter and the local hospital. The event, which was publicized by the local press, provided the public with a great example of Quotarian work as well as proof that it only takes a little time to do big things.
To read or print the club’s winning application, click here*.
Back to Quota Cares Month Winners Main Page
*To view or print out these documents, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. Go to Adobe’s Web site and download a free copy of Acrobat Reader.
We Share Foundation Programs
- Community Champions
- JQ (Junior Quota) Club Program
- Cops ‘n’ Kids Literacy Program
- Healthy Hearing “Ear Plugs” Campaign
- “Listen Up, Turn It Down” Campaign
- Quota World Service Public Awareness Campaign
- Quota Cares Month Campaign
- Volunteer of the Year
- Club Publicity Resources and Tools
- Polish and Shine News Release Service
- Protect Your Hearing Month
- Global Youth Service Network
- Quota Service Project Directories
- Quota Cares Teddy Bears
- 2001-2012 Photo Contest Winners
- Setting Up 501(c)(3) Status (U.S. clubs)
Donate to the We Share Foundation
Questions? Contact email@example.com