Quota International of Princeton, West Virginia, U.S.A.
Quota Cares Month—Honorable Mention Winner
The women of Princeton’s Quota club have a new glow these days, thanks to the Avon products they sold during the Quota Cares Month of March. Through teamwork and almost 100 percent participation in the project, the club raised over $250. The proceeds of these sales were donated to The Abel Center of West Virginia, an organization that counsels pregnant women.
The Quota club of Princeton used this fund-raising opportunity, not only to support the Abel Center, but also to educate others about Quota. While the club has been active for many years, its members use these service projects to remind the public of Quotarians’ dedication and commitment to community service.
Both the state and the county recognized Quota for its work, as Governor Manchin and the Mercer County Commission deemed March the official “Quota Cares Month.” The Princeton Times and The Bluefield Telegraph featured photos of the committee chair and club president accepting these proclamations, and the publicity led to recruitment of a new member. While the Avon products certainly gave the women a certain shine in the photos, it was the opportunity to help others that made the Princeton Quotarians glow with happiness.
To read or print the club’s winning application, click here*.
Back to Quota Cares Month Winners Main Page
*To view or print out these documents, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. Go to Adobe’s Web site and download a free copy of Acrobat Reader.
We Share Foundation Programs
- Community Champions
- JQ (Junior Quota) Club Program
- Cops ‘n’ Kids Literacy Program
- Healthy Hearing “Ear Plugs” Campaign
- “Listen Up, Turn It Down” Campaign
- Quota World Service Public Awareness Campaign
- Quota Cares Month Campaign
- Volunteer of the Year
- Club Publicity Resources and Tools
- Polish and Shine News Release Service
- Protect Your Hearing Month
- Global Youth Service Network
- Quota Service Project Directories
- Quota Cares Teddy Bears
- 2001-2012 Photo Contest Winners
- Setting Up 501(c)(3) Status (U.S. clubs)
Donate to the We Share Foundation
Questions? Contact email@example.com