Quota International of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
Quota Cares Month—Top Winner
Read any good books lately? Thanks to Quota, the children of Bethlehem can answer this question with an enthusiastic yes. Over the course of two years, the Quota club collected and distributed over 35,000 books to Cops ‘n’ Kids, a program that promotes literacy by placing donated books throughout the community and sending volunteers into schools to read aloud to children.
To celebrate the milestone and publicize its work, the Bethlehem club hosted a dinner for the community, and invitees included then Quota International President Nicôl Lea (2004-2005), pictured below, as well as several local politicians and Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell. The evening included a video showing the impact the program has had, testimony from Cops ‘n’ Kids program founder Julia Burney, and a children’s choir performance. Throughout the night, Quota’s significant contributions to the program were acknowledged.
The Bethlehem Quotarians are not going to rest on their laurels. They have established a charitable trust to monitor the use and distribution of funds from donations and grants acquired for the program. While continuing to collect books and read to children, they are seeking other ways to promote literacy and reach children worldwide.
To read or print the club’s winning application, click here*.
Back to Quota Cares Month Winners Main Page
*To view or print out these documents, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. Go to Adobe’s Web site and download a free copy of Acrobat Reader.
We Share Foundation Programs
- Community Champions
- JQ (Junior Quota) Club Program
- Cops ‘n’ Kids Literacy Program
- Healthy Hearing “Ear Plugs” Campaign
- “Listen Up, Turn It Down” Campaign
- Quota World Service Public Awareness Campaign
- Quota Cares Month Campaign
- Volunteer of the Year
- Club Publicity Resources and Tools
- Polish and Shine News Release Service
- Protect Your Hearing Month
- Global Youth Service Network
- Quota Service Project Directories
- Quota Cares Teddy Bears
- 2001-2012 Photo Contest Winners
- Setting Up 501(c)(3) Status (U.S. clubs)
Donate to the We Share Foundation
Questions? Contact email@example.com