QI of Tacoma, Washington, U.S.A.
Quota Cares Month—Top Winner
The Tacoma club has long assisted Faith Homes, a local organization that assists homeless young women and teenaged mothers with housing, maternity, parenting, and psychological needs. The club formally “adopted” one of the group homes for homeless teens as their main focus in community service, providing maintenance, supplies, furnishings, and other needs that arise.
For Quota Cares Month, the club updated and improved the home’s main living areas—living room, den, dining room, and kitchen. Club members voted to implement the project so that the girls would have a more home-like atmosphere and a place they could be proud to live in. Contractors and club members worked together from late February to early April to accomplish the feat.
Before the project began, club members invited potential recruits along with residents and counselors from the home to attend a club celebration of Quota’s birthday. Members shared information during the event about the organization and about the upcoming project. As a result, two new members joined the Tacoma club, and leaders report greater camaraderie among the entire membership and a stronger Quota club.
To read the club’s winning application, click here.
Back to Quota Cares Month Winners Main Page
*To view or print out these documents, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. Go to Adobe’s Web site and download a free copy of Acrobat Reader.
We Share Foundation Programs
- Community Champions
- JQ (Junior Quota) Club Program
- Cops ‘n’ Kids Literacy Program
- Healthy Hearing “Ear Plugs” Campaign
- “Listen Up, Turn It Down” Campaign
- Quota World Service Public Awareness Campaign
- Quota Cares Month Campaign
- Volunteer of the Year
- Club Publicity Resources and Tools
- Polish and Shine News Release Service
- Protect Your Hearing Month
- Global Youth Service Network
- Quota Service Project Directories
- Quota Cares Teddy Bears
- 2001-2012 Photo Contest Winners
- Setting Up 501(c)(3) Status (U.S. clubs)
Donate to the We Share Foundation
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org