QI of Rockford, Illinois, U.S.A.
Quota Cares Month—Top Winner
The Rockford club also used their signature fund-raising fashion show to increase visibility during Quota Cares Month 2004. The well-attended event gave the club a chance to raise service money and to share information with the community about the many ways they serve locally. Profits from the event were used for several club projects, including a substantial and newsworthy donation for audiology services at a new local hearing clinic.
The fashion show, set in a posh restaurant, included a silent auction, raffles, and door prizes to increase profits and fun and give members a chance to involve community members. This year, a local television personality volunteered to choreograph and host the event “because she believes in Quota’s goals,” leaders say. As a result, club coffers swelled by more than U.S.$5,500 and media coverage increased significantly.
The event also generated enthusiasm among prospective club members. The lively atmosphere led two attendees to join the club. At a special recruiting event—a wine taster—held later in the month, the club recruited additional members.
To read the club’s winning application, click here.
Back to Quota Cares Month Winners Main Page
*To view or print out these documents, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. Go to Adobe’s Web site and download a free copy of Acrobat Reader.
We Share Foundation Programs
- Community Champions
- JQ (Junior Quota) Club Program
- Cops ‘n’ Kids Literacy Program
- Healthy Hearing “Ear Plugs” Campaign
- “Listen Up, Turn It Down” Campaign
- Quota World Service Public Awareness Campaign
- Quota Cares Month Campaign
- Volunteer of the Year
- Club Publicity Resources and Tools
- Polish and Shine News Release Service
- Protect Your Hearing Month
- Global Youth Service Network
- Quota Service Project Directories
- Quota Cares Teddy Bears
- 2001-2012 Photo Contest Winners
- Setting Up 501(c)(3) Status (U.S. clubs)
Donate to the We Share Foundation
Questions? Contact email@example.com