QI of Campbelltown, New South Wales, Australia
Quota Cares Month—Honorable Mention Winner
When a club member lost a 13-year-old grandson while awaiting a kidney transplant last February, the Campbelltown club rallied to launch an organ donor campaign during Quota Cares Month 2004. Throughout the month of March, the club raised awareness of the need in Australia for more organ donor and, as a result, raised Quota’s profile in the community.
The club worked with local media outlets to increase publicity about organ donation during March. Then, organizers of the club’s annual fashion show fund-raiser arranged a speaker from the Organ Donors Office to address guests at the event, which also received news coverage. Thousands of area residents registered as organ donors during the month.
The project strengthened the Campbelltown club as members shared the grief of a Quota sister and worked together for a worthy, life-saving cause. Excellent Member participation and morale, leaders report, attracted a new recruit to the club.
To read the club’s winning application, click here.
Back to Quota Cares Month Winners Main Page
*To view or print out these documents, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. Go to Adobe’s Web site and download a free copy of Acrobat Reader.
We Share Foundation Programs
- Community Champions
- JQ (Junior Quota) Club Program
- Cops ‘n’ Kids Literacy Program
- Healthy Hearing “Ear Plugs” Campaign
- “Listen Up, Turn It Down” Campaign
- Quota World Service Public Awareness Campaign
- Quota Cares Month Campaign
- Volunteer of the Year
- Club Publicity Resources and Tools
- Polish and Shine News Release Service
- Protect Your Hearing Month
- Global Youth Service Network
- Quota Service Project Directories
- Quota Cares Teddy Bears
- 2001-2012 Photo Contest Winners
- Setting Up 501(c)(3) Status (U.S. clubs)
Donate to the We Share Foundation
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org