Quota International Participation in the 2006 United Nation’s NGO/DPI Annual Conference
On September 6 to 8, 2006, more than 2,500 NGO representatives from over 90 countries gathered at the United Nations headquarters in New York for the 99th Annual DPI (Department of Public Information)/NGO Conference, “Unfinished Business: Effective Partnerships for Human Security and Sustainable Development.” This annual conference is an established forum for networking and exchange of views, opinions, expertise, and best practices on relevant issues.
Because of Quota International’s status as an NGO, the organization was invited to attend this international gathering. 2006-2007 President Enid Croes-Marugg (below) attended the meeting, and by doing so, continued and expanded upon the connection Quota International has had with the United Nations since the 1940’s.
The purpose of the conference was to discuss ways to strengthen collaboration between local communities and global institutions to achieve the United Nations Eight Millennium Development Goals. In keeping with the We Share Foundation’s mission to help disadvantaged women and children worldwide, President Enid participated in several workshops including: Women at the Center of Security and Development; Children and HIV/AIDS Prevention: Our Personal Responsibility; and Celebrate Cultural Diversity—Reduce Conflict among the Youth—Achieve Peace in the Street.
We Share Foundation Programs
- Community Champions
- JQ (Junior Quota) Club Program
- Cops ‘n’ Kids Literacy Program
- Healthy Hearing “Ear Plugs” Campaign
- “Listen Up, Turn It Down” Campaign
- Quota World Service Public Awareness Campaign
- Quota Cares Month Campaign
- Volunteer of the Year
- Club Publicity Resources and Tools
- Polish and Shine News Release Service
- Protect Your Hearing Month
- Global Youth Service Network
- Quota Service Project Directories
- Quota Cares Teddy Bears
- 2001-2012 Photo Contest Winners
- Setting Up 501(c)(3) Status (U.S. clubs)
Donate to the We Share Foundation
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org