‘Tis the Season to Be Jolly
Every year, the Beenleigh Quota club’s Community Service Committee shares the Christmas spirit with six local families in need. Usually single parent families, they are struggling to give their children the merry Christmas that so many of us take for granted.
Club members buy and assemble hampers with basic items and seasonal luxuries. It warms members’ hearts to see the recipients’ gratitude and surprise when Quota arrives on their doorsteps with hampers in hand—as we see in this prize-winning image.
Fellowship and Fun
Club members enjoy the fellowship and fun of filling the hampers, “rolling through local supermarkets like a road train, trolleys stacked high with six lots of goodies,” they add.
One previous recipient has become a tireless volunteer worker for the club’s major event, the Beenleigh Quota Eisteddfod. She says she wants to give back to the club that helped her when she was in need.
This photo was awarded Second Place in the We Share Foundation International Photo Contest. The Beenleigh club will receive an Aus.$500 grant from the Foundation for donation to the Club-to-Club World Service Project of their choice.
We Share Foundation Programs
- Community Champions
- JQ (Junior Quota) Club Program
- Cops ‘n’ Kids Literacy Program
- Healthy Hearing “Ear Plugs” Campaign
- “Listen Up, Turn It Down” Campaign
- Quota World Service Public Awareness Campaign
- Quota Cares Month Campaign
- Volunteer of the Year
- Club Publicity Resources and Tools
- Polish and Shine News Release Service
- Protect Your Hearing Month
- Global Youth Service Network
- Quota Service Project Directories
- Quota Cares Teddy Bears
- 2001-2012 Photo Contest Winners
- Setting Up 501(c)(3) Status (U.S. clubs)
Donate to the We Share Foundation
Questions? Contact email@example.com