The Story Behind the Photo: Listen with Your Heart
Quota International of Iloilo has been a vital part of its community for 25 years. From the beginning, the Iloilo club has collaborated with a local special education school to help people with hearing impairment.
This collaboration became one of the projects in the We Share Foundation’s Club-to-Club World Service Program. The plan allows Quota members and others around the globe to support the vital service work of Quota clubs in developing nations.
An Image of Trust and Encouragement
This photograph captures the compassion and dedication of a teacher supported by Quota in his work with deaf children. Jose “Bebot” Gella runs the Parent-Infant Program at the Iloilo school, instructing hearing-impaired children and mentoring their parents.
Just as Bebot is moved by this little boy, this outstanding image of trust and encouragement touched the hearts of White House staff photographers, who judged the contest and awarded this photo our Grand Prize.
The Iloilo club will receive a U.S.$1,000 grant from the We Share Foundation for the Club-to-Club World Service Project of their choice. Naturally, they chose their own.
We Share Foundation Programs
- Community Champions
- JQ (Junior Quota) Club Program
- Cops ‘n’ Kids Literacy Program
- Healthy Hearing “Ear Plugs” Campaign
- “Listen Up, Turn It Down” Campaign
- Quota World Service Public Awareness Campaign
- Quota Cares Month Campaign
- Volunteer of the Year
- Club Publicity Resources and Tools
- Polish and Shine News Release Service
- Protect Your Hearing Month
- Global Youth Service Network
- Quota Service Project Directories
- Quota Cares Teddy Bears
- 2001-2012 Photo Contest Winners
- Setting Up 501(c)(3) Status (U.S. clubs)
Donate to the We Share Foundation
Questions? Contact email@example.com