Kenosha-Racine Quota Club Shares Quota in 3-D
The Kenosha-Racine Quota club in Wisconsin, U.S.A., shares Quota’s service goals with the community in 3-D.
The club’s first creation, Hear Ye the Dog, was painted Quota blue and held a hearing aid in its mouth. Last year, the club promoted the Cops ‘n’ Kids literacy program with Cops ‘n’ Kiddies—a large cat offering a book. This year, the club is working on a bear with an environmental message to be called “The Good, the ‘Bear-able,’ and the Ugly.”
The annual club activity is part of a city-wide public arts event, started in 2002, to promote Downtown Racine. Each year, a different fiberglass animal model is created for the competition. Local businesses and organizations sponsor, for $250, one of the 150 models and decorate it for display in a downtown shop or business. The artworks remain on downtown streets throughout the summer. In October, the animals are auctioned in a fund-raiser.
Hear Ye: Quota’s Hearing Dog
The first event, “Dog Days of Summer,” featured life-sized dogs. The Kenosha-Racine Quota club sponsored a pooch and then brainstormed clever ways to use the opportunity to share Quota with the community. Because of Quota’s devotion to helping hearing impaired people, the club came up with a hearing dog called “Hear Ye.”
An accomplished artist, Sister Janet Weyker, O.P., now club president, painted the model Quota blue and white with a large Q on his chest and an orange collar around his neck (the sign of a “working dog,” says Sister Janet). With a hearing aid in his mouth, Hear Ye looks as if he just fetched the aid for his master.
- The Kenosha-Racine club won second place in the We Share Foundation’s 2003 International Photo Contest. To view the club’s winning photo, click here.
We Share Foundation Programs
- Community Champions
- JQ (Junior Quota) Club Program
- Cops ‘n’ Kids Literacy Program
- Healthy Hearing “Ear Plugs” Campaign
- “Listen Up, Turn It Down” Campaign
- Quota World Service Public Awareness Campaign
- Quota Cares Month Campaign
- Volunteer of the Year
- Club Publicity Resources and Tools
- Polish and Shine News Release Service
- Protect Your Hearing Month
- Global Youth Service Network
- Quota Service Project Directories
- Quota Cares Teddy Bears
- 2001-2012 Photo Contest Winners
- Setting Up 501(c)(3) Status (U.S. clubs)
Donate to the We Share Foundation
Questions? Contact email@example.com