R7 – Elizabeth “Betty” Larivee
Quota International of Holyoke, Massachusetts, USA (District 5)
What are your qualifications for the position of Quota Regional Director?
I joined Quota in 1998 and have been a Club officer or District leader since 2002. As a member and officer, I have had hands-on experience in the process and related problems of transition and reorganization first as a Club member, then as the Governor when 4th District dissolved and my Club transitioned to 5th District, and now, as 5th District Governor, I am preparing for yet another transition. In a similar manner, during my career, I supervised the restructuring of my school district’s Preschool Programs into one facility and was the school’s Principal for ten years until
What are your goals for your specific region?
- To facilitate a smooth transition from Districts/Area to Region 7 by using collaborative efforts and organizational skills to plan, anticipate issues, and problem solve solutions needed for the initial development and future operation of the Region.
- To continue and further foster the established collaboration of the Quota Clubs throughout New England (Region 7) by broadening the outlook of Clubs to a regional perspective while considering operational and geographical diversity.
- To develop a leadership team that will network with and address the needs of individual clubs by supporting them intheir own endeavors, especially towards membership growth and development.
What do you do outside of Quota?
- Family involvement as older sister to seven siblings; aunt to 19 nieces and nephews; great aunt to three nieces and nephews; caregiver to our very independent 97 year old great aunt
- Married 30 years — recently widowed
- Volunteer member since 1992 and current officer of the City’s Commission on Disabilities
- Board member of the Community Partnership for Early Childhood Education since 1996
- Retired teacher and administrator of the Holyoke Public Schools
- Retired Adjunct Professor at Westfield State College (now University)
- Enjoys travel, excursions, and world-wide sight-seeing
What else would you like to share with the members of your region?
I have had a lengthy connection to Quota through my grandmother who was a role model to me a long-time member/officer of my Club as well as a District leader during her 50 year membership in Quota. My sister has also followed in her footsteps as a Club member/officer and District leader.
While not held every year, Quota Clubs throughout New England have been united for some time through joint Spring Conferences that I attended as far back as 2002. The combination of these Districts into Region 7 will formalize a collaboration that has been in place for many years.