R15 – Jill Farinelli
Quota International of Whitsunday, Queensland, Australia (District 40)
What are your qualifications for the position of Quota Regional Director?
- 23 years as Leader in Waiting –served at District level working with District 40 Governor teams of Jeanette Gray and Darlene Chaffey.
- Enjoy Meeting & Connecting with People.
- Like to make of the most of my volunteer hours by making sure that fun and enjoyment is an element of most of my Quota experiences.
- Team Leadership Style would suit the Region set up.
- Accounting & Business Skills to set up system for New Region.
- Enjoy a challenge and see the change to regions as an opportunity to look at our region with fresh eyes.
What are your goals for your specific region?
1. Use available technology to set up communication channels that will reach the majority of members – website, facebook, email, Skype – linking both Region and Quota International
2. Set up Regional Leadership Team with members from both Districts to liaise with clubs in their area
3. Encourage networking and connection between Members and clubs of Region 15
4. Establish a Regional bank account and budgets
5. Set up a Regional conference and training schedule so that it can alternate between former District 34 & 40
6. Encourage membership growth with assistance of Club Leaders
What do you do outside of Quota?
I operate a small business partnership Practice of Chartered Accountants in Proserpine specialising in Rural clients. I am married to Laurie (Farra) Farinelli and celebrated our 30 year anniversary this year. I like to play and follow most sports – playing golf, walking and gym are currently on the active list. I support Cowboys and Townsville Crocodiles. I volunteer time to local organisations and currently sit on the following boards:
- Finance Committee for Whitsunday Catholic Parish
- Member of the St Martin’s Management Committee
- Member of the Board and Chair of the Finance Sub Committee of Centacare Townsville
What else would you like to share with the members of your region?
- I am very confident especially after attending the District 34 & 40 conferences this year, that we will be a very good match and these exciting times will open up new possibilities for friendship and ideas. I believe that the more members can experience some of the benefits of travel, friendship and sharing of ideas that each one’s Quota’s experience and satisfaction will grow. We will have challenges and issues but ones that can be overcome.
- The top issues that the Regional Team will tackle are communication and training to replace Club visits and membership growth