R12 – Carolyn Rice
Quota International of Parkes, New South Wales, Australia (District 26)
What are your qualifications for the position of Quota Regional Director?
- 25 Years of service as a member of Quota International.
- Served in leadership roles at all levels of Quota International: Club, District, Area and International.
- Leadership roles in various other community organisations.
What are your goals for your specific region?
- To facilitate the smooth transition from District to Region by consultation with clubs in the district on all aspects of the change.
- Make the change a positive experience for all by acknowledging members concerns.
- Engage all members in embracing the journey together.
- Invite a strong team of members to take part in the laying of strong foundations on which to build the region.
- Mentor and encourage members within the new region to step up to leadership roles.
What do you do outside of Quota?
- An active supporter of my community by volunteering with various community organisations such as Local Health Council.
- Enjoy a number of recreational and craft activities such as art and embroidery.
- Support my family with the management of our farm, and especially as a grandmother to my seven delightful grandchildren.
What else would you like to share with the members of your region?
My leadership style will be to create a team with diverse skills and a passionate commitment to the goal of setting up our region to be a strong vibrant region well into the future.
Acknowledging our past history but moving forward with the Quota of Tomorrow.