R11 – Janet Ahrens
Quota International of Tweed Heads/Coolangatta, New South Wales, Australia (District 24)
What are your qualifications for the position of Quota Regional Director?
Quotarian – 34 years and positions held:
- Club-Director: 1980-1981,1984-1988 & 2005-2006
- Secretary: 1983-1984, 1993-1994, 1994-1995, 1997-1998, 2004-2005, 2006-2007 & 2010-2011
- Vice President: 1988-1989, 1990-1991, 2000-2001
- President: 1989-1990, 1991-1992, 2001-2002, 2011-2012
- Governor District 24 : 1995/96 & 2009/10
- Secretary/Treasurer District 24: 2002/2004 [change of calendar]
- Established new Clubs
- District 24 Rules & Resolutions Committee Chair Attended
- most Conventions and all SPAMs Committee Chair/Coordinator SPAM 2003 and 2011 SPA Scholarship Committee
- Served on Quota International By-LawsCommittee
- Attending many local and International Quota functions, has led to a deeper understanding of the role Quota plays in the lives of so many members.
What are your goals for your specific region?
I believe it is vital to have stability within our current membership as we transition into the future. To make this possible my goal will be to make the change a positive experience for all members. By including all members with the same passion and commitment to GROW Quota, my aim will be to provide mentoring, encouragement, and friendship to enhance this positive experience. We need active members in strong clubs leading us forward to increase the numbers of members and clubs. Change is inevitable, but our Mission Statement, the foundation of our organisation will not change with any restructure.
What do you do outside of Quota?
I enjoy all crafts and try anything that I get the opportunity to –quilting, knitting, crochet, buncka punch, paper craft, Christmas craft and one day hope to be good at some. I once helped out the local Theatre Group at the front of house when they had a show and am now on the list of regular volunteers. I volunteer at Tweed Valley Early Childhood Intervention Services for two weeks annually to repair toys, puzzles, games and stocktake. I enjoy walking and attend gym for relaxation purposes.
What else would you like to share with the members of your region?
I have the support of my wonderful husband Barry, who has enabled me to give the many hours I do to Quota. We have twin boys, two wonderful daughter- in- laws, four granddaughters and two grandsons. One family resides in Canberra and the other Harvey Bay. So, we choose to visit Canberra in summer and the Bay in winter and get the best of both worlds. I have formed many friendships through my involvement in the community. The friends I have made through Quota have added a new dimension to my life.