IRS Rules Require All U.S. Clubs and Districts to File an Annual 990 Form Each Year
Clubs and districts in the U.S. MUST fill out one version of the IRS Form 990 by the 15th day of the 5th month after the end of their accounting period. For most Quota clubs this means your filing is due September 15 (for your April 30 accounting year end). View more information about this matter and filing tips:
- 990 filing information for U.S. clubs*
- 990 filing information for U.S. clubs with charitable trusts/foundations*
(you must file two form 990s if you operate a charitable entity)
- 990 filing information for U.S. districts*
Helpful links referenced in the above letters:
- To file a 990-N (if your club’s or district’s income before expenses are taken out is $50,000 or less in your annual accounting period), go to http://epostcard.form990.org.
- To print a Form 990EZ from the IRS Web site, go to http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f990ez.pdf*.
- To view instructions for Form 990EZ, go to http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i990ez.pdf*.
*To view or print out these publications, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. Go to Adobe’s website and download a free copy of Acrobat Reader.