Hawaiian Sunset Luau
Step onto a beautiful, secluded, and private beach on the shores of West Oahu, where we will take you back “100 years and 27 miles” away from the hurried pace of Waikiki.
Experience the ohana (family) feeling of an authentic “backyard-style” Hawaiian luau. From the enchanting call of the conch shells and romance of a picture-perfect sunset, discover the way a luau is meant to be. The wahine (women) learn to dance the popular hukilau hula, and the kane (men) try their hand (or rather, hips!) at the pulsating dance of Tahiti!
Behold the procession of the Royal Court and witness the time-honored tradition of the Imu Ceremony (the removal of the pig from the roasting pit)! Help yourself to the sumptuous all-you-can-eat luau feast. To quench your thirst, there is everything from fruit punch and soft drinks to Germaine’s special mai tais and Blue Hawaiians!
The entertainment will take you on a musical “tour” of Hawaii, Tahiti, New Zealand, and Samoa. The thrill of the Samoan fire knife dance will take your breath away.
Quotarians will have a block of seats together at this event open to the public. Buffet menu includes:
- Tossed green salad, pineapple cole slaw, macaroni/potato salad, three bean salad
- Kalua pig (roasted pig), chicken long rice, deep fried mahimahi, teriyaki beef, fried chicken
- Dinner rolls, white rice, poi (taro potato), lomi lomi salmon
- Chocolate, vanilla cake, haupia (coconut pudding)
- Sodas, iced tea, coffee or tea
- Three (3) beverage coupons for adults
To register for this tour, visit our tour company’s Web site.
- Register for Convention
- New this Year!
- Convention Schedule
- Activities and Speaker
- Sheraton Waikiki Information and Reservations
- Convention Tours
- Post-Convention Island Cruise
- Incentives to Register Early
- Getting to and around Hawaii
- Travel Tips
- Children’s Activities
- Helpful Hawaii Links
- More about Honolulu
- View a 3-minute O’ahu Video
- Convention Volunteer Opportunities
- Become a Convention Sponsor
- Get the Most from Convention
Convention Questions? Contact Christy Herz at email@example.com. Or call the Quota office at (202) 331-9694.
To learn more about Quota’s international convention, including past and future sites and voting procedures, click here.