Quota International of Maleny Inc., Maleny, Queensland, Australia
Betty has been a member of Quota International of Maleny for 18 years and has held several positions during that time, and has always been a willing organiser, co-ordinator and assists in all fund raising activities and events.
Betty’s volunteer work does not just relate to Quota, she also contributes as a member of the Maleny Community, her works are many and varied and include but not limited to;
· Parents and Citizens Committee both Primary and Secondary Schools fund raising and building for the swimming pool for use by the Maleny students and the community. A life membership was awarded for her participation.
· Regular driver for Maleny meals on wheels.
· Fundraising and assistance with renovations to the Church of the Outback for the Flying Pastor.
· Erowal Aged Care Facility and Nursing Home assisting with craft classes and visiting the patients.
· Maleny Historical Society in fundraising building and organising events. A Queensland Government Award was received for her involvement.
· The Uniting Church with assistance and volunteer work.
· Maleny Community Centre devoted 20 years of service to all events involving fund raising for renovations and local functions. Life membership was awarded for her participation.
· Maleny show society has been part of her volunteering since childhood and is still a very active volunteer.
· Fundraising for Cancer research.
· All Quota projects particularly for the Hear and Say program.
When asking Betty which volunteer work was a favourite or most enjoyable, Betty acknowledges a very hard question, as all volunteer work is important, but conceded the Hear and Say program and the Maleny Historical Society were closest to her heart.
Betty is a sincere, cheerful and willing volunteer with Quota and the general community of Maleny.